With the help of our sponsors and those who participate in the rodeo, the Foundation has awarded more than $250,000 to local charities and in scholarships to local students in need through the following:
- Rodeo Scholarships: Each year multiple scholarships are given to college students at the rodeo. If you are interested in applying, please click the “Apply Now” Button below to start the application process. The deadline was extended to May 20, 2019. No applications will be accepted after that date. Applications for 2020 will open in March of 2020.
- Fletcher Technical Community College: An annual scholarship is given to a student in need enrolled in an oil service or business related field of study. Students can apply through Fletcher’s financial aid office.
- Nicholls State University: An annual scholarship is given to a student in need enrolled in an oil service or business related field of study. Students can apply through Nicholls’ financial aid office.
- South Central Industrial Association (SCIA): Two to Four annual scholarships are awarded through SCIA to a Louisiana high school student from the tri-parish area. Students can apply at http://www.sciaonline.net/scholarship.aspx.
- Ellender, H.L. Bourgeois, Terrebonne, South Terrebonne, Houma Christian, Covenant and Vandebilt High Schools: Annual Scholarships, primarily based on need, are given to one student chosen from each of Houma’s four public high schools and one student chosen from the private high schools. Students can get an application from his/her school guidance counselor.
2018 SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
Madison Boudreaux, Kaci Credeur, Alyssa Dobson, Hannah Furlan, Madison Gros, Brenton Hebert, Donald J. Judice III, Kaitlyn Moore, Kelcie Scott, & Brock Wunstell
Nicholl’s State University: Elizabeth R. Clement
Fletcher Technical Community College: Samantha Bourgeois
South Terrebonne High School: Jenny Quach
Ellender Memorial High School: Kira Coleman
Terrebonne High School: Jennifer Barrios & Totyana Ross
Vandebilt Catholic High School: Hannah Comeaux
H.L. Bourgeois High School: Brittany Use’ & Jared Smith
South Central Industrial Association: Sydney Remont, Leah Domangue, & Lexi Robichaux
Other Donations: The Foundation has made charitable donations to the Regional Military Museum, Restore or Retreat, Houma’s Adaptive Park, NSU’s Maritime Management Program, HPD, the Jared Van Aalst Memorial Foundation, Boy Scouts, Liberty Dwelling, Hope Extreme, East Park Recreation, the Morganza Action Coalition and many others.